28 June 2006

Musings

Road Trip: Day 16

Teary goodbye with Mom this morning before she left for work. She said that there's still always the chance she might be in this house at Christmas, which would give me one last visit here. We'll see. If not, farewell to the home that sheltered me during my formative years. At least I've left my mark.

Should be out the door and on the road in the next hour. Hope to be in a state capital I've never seen before by the end of the day, if all goes well. Fortunately I have five new CDs for the car: Regina Carter, Chris Potter, Andrew Hill, SF Jazz Collective, and Brad Mehldau. A jazz lover's delight. And the Tigers are on XM this afternoon, fresh from beating the Rocket last night.

A good day to be on the road again, for sure. The non-urban part of the trip begins now. I'll be in Northern woods and relaxing on a beach before long.

4 comments:

Paperback Writer said...

It sounds like you're having a wonderful trip so far.

Liz said...

That sounds so nice, relaxing - on a beach! I want to go on vacation.

Paperback Writer said...

Oh, I forgot! WS, I finished Dogs of Babel...I liked it, but I think didn't read with much enthusism (sp?) after a certain chapter...

I really felt for the characters - especially Lexy, but somewhere the plot just fizzled out for me.

The Whining Stranger said...

Hey, PW, Lexy is indeed an intriguing character. But all that nonsense about the secret society was annoying, and Paul figures out Lexy's code way too easily.

Nice premise though.