24 June 2006

Musings

Road Trip: Day 12

We're into the second day in an eventful final weekend here at home. Last night we had a lovely family dinner at home with my sister and her boyfriend, and my mom and her boyfriend. It was the first time all of us have had a chance to sit down together. Then today is R.'s wedding. And tomorrow finds us at the ol' ballpark to see those amazin' Tigers beat up on the Cardinals.

Art gallery visit was stupendous yesterday. Their summer special exhibit gave me the chance to see about ten Bearden works that I've never seen in person before. And much Jacob Lawrence. Absolutely divine.

Going through the Fiction folder today I found a story I need to revise about my parents' wedding day. A guy died on my mom's front porch, the morning of their wedding, if you can believe that.

Maybe I should go phone R. to make sure the specter of death hasn't made an apperance this morning.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Yes, please, give us the story about the dead guy on the porch! Are we getting a post about the wedding?