19 June 2006

Musings

Road Trip: Day 8

Things I should be doing today:
  • going through closet of boyhood room to see what baseball card/comicbook type memorabilia is indispensable and thus needs to come back in the car with me, and which can be donated to the yard sale gods.
  • booking research trip to NYC, since I'm supposed to leave in about five weeks and hotel prices and flights are not getting any cheaper with each minute I wait.
  • calling any relatives and/or friends I need to schedule time with this week.
  • reading for and starting to draft boring academic article that I need to finish by summer's end and only have vague ideas about thus far.

Things I did instead:

  • slept late.
  • had lunch.
  • shot the breeze with Mom.
  • read most of a months-old profile on Sean Penn from old New Yorker issue.
  • read about Tigers online, and marvelled that as June nears its close, the Tigers still hold the best record in baseball.
  • wrote this blog entry.

At least, I:

  • managed to get the car vacuumed out.
  • went to the bank.
  • took wedding outfit to the dry cleaners.
  • shot the breeze with Mom.

1 comment:

Paperback Writer said...

Well, at least you were honest about things you didn't do!

:)