15 June 2006

Musings

Road Trip: Days 3 and 4

So, after three days of driving, we trade one college town for another, and arrive at my aunt's. We're properly feted with a dinner of grilled pork and asparagus and wine--and immediately the sugary and salty snacks that sustained us along the highway disappear into memory.

I finished Carolyn Parkhurst's Dogs of Babel on my aunt's front porch this morning. Great premise, not-so-great resolution. Don Quixote looms now.

Saw Carlin-meets-Coulter on the Leno show last night. Coulter got me worked up; Carlin was disappointingly silent, presumably to protect the promotion of his new cartoon film. Sigh. My aunt tells me to lay off the anger re: Coulter, that really Coulter is part of a long tradition of American theatre and I needn't get so angry. I still say she--Coulter, not my aunt!--needs a kick in the ass.

One more night here, and then to my hometown tomorrow in time for my sister's 26th birthday.

3 comments:

Paperback Writer said...

Hey, I'm reading Dogs of Babel as well. It came highly recommended; she also filled out when I told her that Parkhurst has another book out.

Anyway, don't tell me how it ends, please.:)

The Whining Stranger said...

I won't tell you how it ends, but leave a comment when you're finished about the second half. I was a bit disappointed.

Paperback Writer said...

Okay.