01 July 2006

The Whining Stranger's Song of the Day

1 July 2006



"Working for the Weekend" by Loverboy (from the album Get Lucky, 1981)

Some North-of-the-49th-parallel retro-kitsch to celebrate Canada Day. Synth plus guitar plus party-hearty lyric plus Canadians in leather pants = classic.
'Nuff said.

You want a piece of my heart? You gotta start from the start. And pass me a Labatt 50 in a stubby bottle. And quit hogging the poutine or there won't be any left when The Beachcombers comes on, eh?

3 comments:

Liz said...

Canadians in leather pants=scary. Love the song, though. You've inspired me...

Paperback Writer said...

I associate this song with Whang Chung's "Everyone Have Fun Tonight."

*sigh*

The Whining Stranger said...

EDW, inspired how?

PW, you just don't dig 80s music that I like, do you?