02 July 2006

The Whining Stranger on Sport

Vote for Verlander; earn karma!



Dear Reader,
Now if you're anything like me (and my condolences if you are) you are likely incensed this evening that the wretched White Sox of Chicago have six representatives on the American League All-Star team, while those overachieving Tigers of Detroit have only two.

You can right this wrong. Together, we can right this wrong.

Vote for Tigers rookie phenom Justin Verlander for the final spot on the American League All-Star team, at this location: MLB's Final Vote.

To do so is to combat injustice, to earn karma, to win the Whining Stranger's eternal love and esteem.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Gee, your eternal love and esteem is kinda cheap. Let me get this straight - I'm not voting againist Chicago, right? Just for Detriot? I can't do one, but I could do the other.

Ms. Monongahela, Ms. Chief Editor said...

Imagine if you were a Pittsburgh Pirate fan ...

The Whining Stranger said...

EDW, did you forget to vote? Verlander did not make the team!
And yes, my esteem is easy. Baseball's my religion, recall.

ms. m., Pirates fan, my condolences.