11 July 2006

Musings

Road Trip: Day 28

Is it just me, or are residents of North Dakota the rudest bastards per capita in these United States? This is the third time of been through this state, and every time at least one person has left me royally pissed off because of their poor manners.

Today's winner was the terse proprietor of a crappy motel who tried to charge us twenty five bucks extra for the dog. And did so as in completely "I don't give a fuck whether you stay here or not" terms.

Idiot.

48 hours from now we'll be back in our own home. Whew.

3 comments:

Kat said...

lol, crystal clear are my fond childhood memories of my mother bribing my sister and me with Hello Kitty paraphernalia or convenience store sundries to be someone else's children playing with a dog as she checked us into our room. Then sneaking him up and petting him into a sleepy puppy stupor so he would not bark and give the game away.

Strange memories; nice, though. Perhaps because they weren't set in North Dakota.

Paperback Writer said...

Rest assured WS, you'll be home soon!

The Whining Stranger said...

Kat, I wish we'd had a kid around to try that. Plus the crappy motel had a big sign up warning of 40 dollar fines for pet-related subterfuge and chicanery.

A bad scene waiting to happen all around.