02 July 2006

Musings

Road Trip: Day 20

A quiet day before the cabin getaway. I slept late, and woke up to discover that everybody else had already done much (calisthenics, laundry, cleaning) before I dragged my ass out of bed. (Last night, my partner's nephew, aged 7, tried to corral me into staying up till dawn. Fortunately, he changed his mind and saved me the embarrassment of being outdone by a little kid.) Had toast, read Don Quixote (how can I still have seven hundred pages left?), showered, dressed, and wiled away the afternoon. The Tigers won a sloppy game. I blogged and ate too many oatmeal cookies, and prepare for tomorrow's escape to the woods and the horrible anniversary.

Some times quiet is good.

1 comment:

Me said...

Oatmeal Cookies, Don Quixote and wiling away - AAAaaah...perfect!